Re: [amibroker] (OT) Will this Acer 23.6 Monitor work ok with both of my computers.

  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:28:41 +0500
  • From: Mubashar Virk <mvirk67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] (OT) Will this Acer 23.6 Monitor work ok with both of my computers.

NO!
This will not work.
REASON: This Acer 23.6 inch monitor is an Asus. :-D

On 3/15/2010 10:51 AM, Ronald Davis wrote:

I thought this Amibroker board would ber a good place to ask about this Acer 23.6 inch monitor.

I need a new monitor, and I have decided that I will stick with NEW ACER  monitors.  my existing Acer Monitor is a 22" AL2216W bd, with 1680 x1050 resolution.
This geeks link says that the RECOMMENDED resolution for  Acer 23.6 " monitors is 1920 x 1080 and it also says that the MAX resolution is also 1920 x 1080 http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=VH242H-DT&cat=MON They show that my price is $198.44.  I paid around $250 for my existing 22" Acer Monitor

Below here  is a Newegg review of the Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" monitor
As an IT Professional, I have used literally dozens of LCD's Some are better than this one at newegg.com but most are not. And for this Price/Size NONE can even come close. Sure, there are panels out there that can blow this away as far as color and viewing angles are concerned. However, you will PAY big bucks for those. If all you want is a good, solid display for a steal of a price, this is as good as it gets. If you want Perfect Color, giant Viewing angles, and extra features galore, then look elsewhere, and make sure you bring your Platinum card with you. this newegg website states that the 22" Acer is Currently Unavailable
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824009094
My HP VISTA computer has NVIDIA Ge Force Go 7150 M graphics with up to 1071 MB shared video memory to deliver sharp images for photo editing and more.

The company (now defunct) that made my XP64 bit pro computer left me with several graphics CD's.
1st CD) This CD is an Asus graphic card multi-language manual Q1496 & Q1262.  Also, directly to the  right  side of the center hole, it shows V400 in a black circle.

2nd CD) This is a  CD associated with the Abit mother board is titled Fatal1ty.
  To the right of the CD center hole, is NV8-1.01M Users manual drivers Acrobat
   Reader Abit u Guru Utility.

3rdCD) This is another  Asus CD is entitled VGA DRIVER 2d/3d Graphic & Video Accelarator V407. It also has more information near the bottom.

Hopefully this is enough information to make a judgement regarding the suitability of the Video drivers in both of my computers regarding the 23.6  inch Asus 1920 x 1080 Max resolution.    Ron D

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/