Re: [amibroker] AB 5.29, Windows 7 (64bit) and i7

  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:33:41 -0400
  • From: "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] AB 5.29, Windows 7 (64bit) and i7

Hi - I am guessing that your computer is multi-core?  AB is not written for
multi-threaded optimization - I have a quad-core, 1 instance of AB uses 25%
of total CPU power so I run 4 instances side-by-side when optimizing to keep
the CPU maxed out.  I don't think I have heard of a 6-core machine but 16%
CPU usage sounds like maybe 6 cores?  Anyway, you can run multiple
instances, OR you should also check out Fred's MCO program in the files
section which he wrote for maximizing use of multiple cores and even
multiple computers.

Steve