[amibroker] Re: General questions about amibroker

  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:42:48 -0000
  • From: "Mike" <sfclimbers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: General questions about amibroker

Hi,

I suspect that the lack of response is due to the fact that your post seems to span multiple areas of expertise. The scenarios of your questions suggest real time live trading. Yet, the questions themselves are phrased as backtesting.

AmiBroker backtesting operates on a predefined range of fixed bars, first generating signals simultaneously for all bars (array manipulations dictated by your script), then linearly iterating over the bars to sort and process the signals, applying portfolio management along the way. Details of the second phase (sorting/applying of signals) are largely hidden from user, treated as a black box (though user is free to override all behavior).

Real time trading is the automated execution of your scripts in response to regular timed intervals, or possibly new data (outside my area of expertise here, so this is better answered by someone else).

I would suggest reading through the links that follow, then perhaps make separate posts grouped by domain in, bite sized chunks, that domain experts will feel comfortable answering.

How AFL works:
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_understandafl.html

How bar indexing is represented:
http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2008/07/03/quickafl/