[amibroker] Help with PositionScore

  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:40:20 -0000
  • From: "nunopires2001" <nunopires2001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Help with PositionScore

Imagine this simple system:

Rule: Stock's close is above MA(50)
If rule is fulfilled, send a limit order, 2% below yesterday close.

AFL Code:
/*******************************************************************
//Stock above MA
Rule1=Ref(Close,-1)>MA(Ref(Close,-1),50);
//Stock drops 2%
Rule2=Iif(Low<0.98*Ref(Close,-1),1,0);

Buy=Iif(Rule1==1 AND Rule2==1,1,0);
//Buyprice can be 2% below yesterday close, or even  better.
BuyPrice=Iif(Open<0.98*Ref(Close,-1),Open,0.98*Ref(Close,-1));

SetOption("MaxOpenPositions", 5 ); // no more than 5 positions
PositionScore=ROC(C,40);
/*******************************************************************

As you can imagine, this simple system will trigger lots of buy signals every day. Without PositionScoring, I guess Amibroker choose the stocks by alphabetically order?

So, to solve this question, i thought in a simple ranking filter.
Lets say: PositionScore=ROC(C,40);

But, now there is my problem. If i apply PositionScore to the system above, system will be forward-looking.
The rank is applied to every stocks dropping 3%, and the ones with better rank are chosen.

In real life, if I already have 4 open positions, only the stock with highest rank should be considered.

Anyone can help?

Probably my explanation wasn't clear, this isn't easy to explain. Ask me any questions, if that was the case.

Many thanks!

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx