[amibroker] Re: VM Fusion

  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 09:55:49 -0000
  • From: "frankphd_us" <frankphd_us@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: VM Fusion

Shouldn`t be a problem at all, just read the docs. But be aware, that there is NO free player available for OSX hosts (unlike win hosts). A similar, but free program is virtual box (virtualbox.org) .

I don`t use macs, but run quite a number of virtual machines, where xp or vista is always the host, win2k mostly the guest - aside from some dosmachines and w98 vm, to run legacy software on my dual-cores.

Although I am a complete computer/programming illiterate (not to say Dummy), it was easy for me to setup a basic win98 or win2k environment: Just start a new vm, install only OS plus pdf-reader and win/rar, save this OS as "VM - win2k - MAster" or "VM - win98 - Master". Now I can copy those and rename the copy. So I have than for example one VM named  "Win2k-Ami520-EOD-Master". After starting up this VM, I would install Amibroker....., save this VM (So its saved under the name Ami520-EOD-MASTER. A second Save under the name "Win...Ami...EOD-LAB" would now be started by me and filled with data - and saved. An additional save (or clone) would give me an exact copy as "VM - win2k - Amibroker - EOD - Production"

This way I have 3 variations of amibroker (EOD) and further RT ones, which you could move easily to any other (real)machine - but watch the license agreement. I deliberately avoid running more than one machine at any time - but with VM you could have running more in parallel.

For me VMware made life a lot easier and saved me the hassle of installing,...installing,...installing. I now do it just once!

SOrry for the long post.

Regards

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/