[amibroker] Re: Amibroker Perspective

  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 00:57:16 -0000
  • From: "Mike" <sfclimbers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Amibroker Perspective

1. The accuracy will depend on the selection of symbols. If you are working with highly liquid symbols, then the accuracy will be quite high. If you are working with thinly traded symbols, then results will be much more difficult to reproduce during live trading.

2. It seems highly likely that you have a future leak or have disabled the percentage of volume limitation setting in the AA window.

3. Many developers do not include any slippage at all in their backtesting. The argument being that if slippage alone were enough to cause a strategy to fail, then chances are the strategy was not worth trading in the first place. Otherwise, see the AA window Settings... for a variety of approaches.

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx