Re: [amibroker] Opps, Refresh All programmatically?

  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 19:43:11 -0500
  • From: "wavemechanic" <fimdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Opps, Refresh All programmatically?

Tomasz,

I wonder if we are talking about the same type of application.  In my case, I am using RefreshAll() to synchronize several chart panes within a single chart sheet by means of static variables.  I have not looked into Keith's type of application and perhaps it is a different "animal" which is why I said to consider it as a starting point.

In any case, for my application with RequestTimedRefresh() it appears that the only way to have all panes display the changes made in the "master" pane is to click on one of the panes because the interval parameter has no effect (e.g., enter 5 second for the interval parameter, wait a minute, nothing happens).  After clicking on a pane, however, the changes proceed sequentially through all of the panes.

On the other hand, the RefreshAll() route displays the changes as soon as the "master" pane is changed without clicking which is what I want.  You say that this is slow but for my applications changes are also effected sequentially pane by pane as with RequestTimedRefresh() and by eye at the same speed.

Assuming that there is a benefit (speed or otherwise) to using RequestTimedRefresh(), is there a way to make changes with this function when static variables are used without the need to click a chart pane?

Bill