[amibroker] Re: Separate MA for normal and after hours trading

  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:31:34 -0000
  • From: "Barry" <razzbarry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Separate MA for normal and after hours trading

Maybe I did not explain this well enough.  I define day as
daytime = TimeNum() >= 093000 AND TimeNum() <= 161500;
Then I want to do an MA on only day time bars or not-day time bars.  This will produce voids in the arrays.  For instance there will be 27 15 minute day time bars and 69 15 minute off hours bars.  If I do a simple MA(V, 50) it will average the last 50 bars regardless of whether they are day or night time bars.  The data I average will span day and night volume numbers giving an inaccurate MA.  I would have to use a loop and use the value of the last 50 day only or night only bars.  I can't figure out how to do that.

The code would be a lot easier in a DLL since I could have two arrays and store the correct data contiguously in one of two arrays.  But I don't know how that would match up with AFL arrays or even if would have to.  I have not written a DLL but I know MS C++ foundation classes.

Anyway, if it is a simple matter in AFL it escapes me how to manage the arrays.  Maybe I am making it harder than it needs to be.

Thanks,
Barry

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/