Re: [amibroker] Re: Using large intra day historical data bases

  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:41:37 -0500
  • From: Keith McCombs <kmccombs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Using large intra day historical data bases

Paul --
Sorry, somehow I missed your response over a month ago.  Thank you for pointing out that I may be able to do what I need in .afl.  You are probably correct.  And it has been quite awhile since I last programmed in C++ and was not looking forward to the re-learning process.

I'm not quite sure I understand your suggestion,
"
you can also add imported tickers to a certain watchlist in the orders of data ranges.
That's it.
When you backtest, you just move from one watchlist to the next as you move forward onto the next range."

To do that, wouldn't the data for all the watchlists have to be in the same large data base?  In which case, I would be right back to the slower backtest and optimization runs.

Charles --
Because of your recent email, I found Paul's posting below.
I will also respond to your question shortly.

Thanks to both of you.
-- Keith