Re: [amibroker] Re: Mutual funds are outperforming ETFs big time, but they sh...

  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:57:23 EST
  • From: Kevin243@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Mutual funds are outperforming ETFs big time, but they sh...

How about ETN's, shouldn't ETN's not have this issue?..... of course they have other issues, like whether the underlying Bank stays in business....

Kevin

In a message dated 2/23/2010 7:33:54 A.M. Central Standard Time, woodshedder_blogspot@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Graphman, interesting observation. It is also a phenomenon that I have noticed. I have reached the same conclusion as you, that this is because of intraday trading, but my conclusion is that intraday trading allows the edge to be traded out of the ETF. Also, even with a strategy based on the ETF close, there is action that takes place during the morning gaps that cannot be captured since the ETF does not trade at a price within the gap. I believe this also is an example of the edge getting traded out of the ETF.

I am curious to hear what others think about this.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    amibroker-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx