Re: [amibroker] Amiquote registered version

  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:37:31 -0800
  • From: "NW Trader" <ta4charts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Amiquote registered version

Hi Chris,

Glad to help and just give a shout if you need anything else. If you do stocks at all, TC Gold does update (20 min delayed) throughout the day with the end of day data generally available by 5:30 PM or so (I generally wait until after 6:30). You will know it is the day's final data when you get the day's Worden Report at the end of the download.

FWIW, I used to use the TC charting a fair amount, however the language is a real kludge compared to AFL.  Many indicators and other things are not native and while they sometimes can be written, it is hardly worth the effort.  I coded an ATR scan once and I think it took me over 40 lines of code just for ATR, plus it couldn't be changed on the fly (as one can do in AB with parameters).  TC supposed strength is in it's scanning ability (definitely not it's charts), at least it seems so until one uses AB.  Sigh, when you get used to driving a Porsche, it's hard to be satisfied with a 1960's era VW Bug.  <VBG> Of course your mileage may vary.

For several years now my primary use of TC has been simply as a data provider to AB and to read the daily Worden reports for market views and other user's thoughts.  When one takes advantage of the occasional sales (generally once a year) and signs up for a burst of two years the daily cost is really quite minimal.  A number of years ago I signed up for the Platinum (their real time feed) during one of their sales, but found that it really did nothing for me and didn't interface with AB so converted back to Gold (the EoD data).  They credited all the dollars I'd paid for Platinum to the Gold which became an almost 5 year subscription.  That was a great deal.

Anyway, give it a spin for your six months and then decide, but mastering TC code or their chart interface would not be high on my list when I have AB.

Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick