Re: [amibroker] Amiquote registered version

  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:32:24 -0800
  • From: "NW Trader" <ta4charts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Amiquote registered version

Hi Chris,

I don't think you need to do that two step shuffle.  There is a plug in that allows AB to directly read the Telechart Gold (TC2007) data (free with AB) and I would think it works for their mutual fund data although I do not use that so don't know for sure.  If it does, the only maintenance you need do is to update TC, and then periodically (I do it each weekend generally) update the AB database.  Updating the AB database will add any new symbols, delete any discontinued symbols and change the symbol as needed (as when a stock has a reverse split or go into bankruptcy or changes exchange).  To do this click File -> Database settings -> Configure ->Retrieve.  If you are following mutual funds, be sure the Mutual Funds box is checked.  After a couple seconds, the AB data is updated.

Congratulations on your win.  The daily Worden reports are often a good read, at least to give one view of the markets from someone who has been in them for decades. Periodically, other users contribute thoughts, techniques, and indicators. If you like Don's analysis, I've written some code to replicate his tracking of market behavior based on price and volume relationships as well as the linear regression trend and channels (the last is in the AB library).

Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick