[amibroker] Re:Stoploss that moves to break-even point and stays there

  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:29:55 +0530
  • From: Sharad Kapadia <bizcon.kapadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re:Stoploss that moves to break-even point and stays there

Hi,

It is good that we have an opportunity to see the price moving up by 5%. But for a day trader, that is good reward. Therefore, it is not prudent to have the stop loss at buy price+brokerage+tax etc. if the price retreats. There should be a Trailing Stop Loss of approx. 2% which will automatically ring the bell to sell off with retreating price. If the price advances further, then we are still in the trade and the trailing stop loss will move up. e.g. if it goes to 9% plus, then the trailing stop loss should be @ 7%. Thus whatever happens, we make some money, protecting the capital at all times. I think that is your main contention in this coding.
Best wishes.

Sharad Kapadia

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/