Re: [amibroker] clean up wrong symbols from the database

  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 19:29:29 -0600
  • From: "Bob Johnson" <bjohnson314@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] clean up wrong symbols from the database

Eski, assuming your comma-ending symbols never got populated with any data, try running Database Purify from the Tools
menu.  Run Database purify and select the 'Report missing quotes' check box.

When Purify completes, sort on 'Problem/Description' in the results  You'll get a lot of symbols that are reported as missing
some quotes, but at the bottom of the list should be all the stocks with no quotes.  They will be clearly labeled as such.
Shift-left button select those symbols then right-click and chose  'Add selected symbols to watch list...'  (Make sure use
the 'selected symbols' instead of 'All')

Then go the the Symbol menu and select Organize Assignments and follow Patrick's instructions for deleting the symbols.

Regards,

Bob