[amibroker] Re: Backtest Detailed Log

  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 09:04:10 -0000
  • From: "Mike" <sfclimbers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Backtest Detailed Log

Not sure if this is the cause of what you are seeing. But...

For performance reasons, AmiBroker does not operate on all signals in a backtest. Instead, the number of signals is limited to twice the maximum number of allowable positions, starting with the highest ranking, based on PositionScore, and working its way down. See comment from Tomasz here http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2006/04/24/using-redundant-signals-for-entries/

In other words, if your strategy is only capable of taking 3 positions, then AmiBroker will work against the top 6 signals, ignoring any others.

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx