Re: [amibroker] Please help with an exploration code

  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 22:30:22 -0800
  • From: "NW Trader" <pk47hargus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Please help with an exploration code

Hi Raine,

This is not difficult except for your definition of one year.  The number of trading days differs from market to market, however a general rule of thumb might be 250 days. In the US, I have 253 days in this year, however one year back it might be a bit less depending on holidays, so I generally use 250 for convenience.  If you have a different number, substitute it for the 250 below.

The exploration would look something like this (I'm not writing this in AB, but don't think it will have errors unless introduced by line wrapping):

// =========== Exploration Code
Filter = 1;

addcolumn( c, "CLOSE", 3.2, colorwhite, colorblue);
addcolumn( ref(c, -250), "Close 1 Year Ago", 3.3, coloryellow, colordarkgreen);
addcolumn( c - ref(c,-250),"Points Delta over Year", 3.2, colorblue, coloryellow);
addcolumn( ROC(C, 250), "% Change over year), 3.2, colorwhite, colordarkred);

If you want to make a parameter for the period change the number 250 in the above code to Per and place the following parameter at the top of the code:

Per = Param("Period to Check", 250, 1, 250, 1);

Enjoy!!

Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick