Re: [amibroker] Re: REALLY NEED HELP ON BREAKOUT FORMULA

  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:18:09 -0800 (PST)
  • From: ricko@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: REALLY NEED HELP ON BREAKOUT FORMULA

If you don't particularly like the yellow H1 and L1 lines running across the whole screen, you can add this function at the very top of your code

function Howlong(indicator,Length)
// a length of 0 will place a dot at the last bar
{

Start =
LastValue( Cum(1)-Length) ==Cum(1);
Start2 =
Cum(Start) ==1;
x =
ValueWhen(Start2 ,indicator,1) ;
return x;
}

and change the plot lines to:
Plot(Howlong(H1,Lookback + Shift), "H1", colorYellow);
Plot(Howlong(L1,Lookback + Shift), "L1", colorYellow);

Best Regards
Rick