Re: [amibroker] Sick of running different OSs. Anyone rinning solo 64-bit W7?

  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:26:45 +0100
  • From: Tomasz Janeczko <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Sick of running different OSs. Anyone rinning solo 64-bit W7?

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 64-bit exclusively (I mean for development & trading) since November 2009.
Earlier I had dual boot machine.

One most important note is that AmiBroker, eSignal, IQFeed, IB, Quotes Plus all run on Windows 7 64 bit without problems.
I do not use PremiumData but it should work fine as well. In fact majority of recently released business/office programs run just fine. I had problems with some older DAWs (digital audio workstation) programs and some old MS office service pack, there is also no built-in e-mail program on W7, so you need to use 3rd party app or MS "Live" products, there are few quirks
here and there but it is not a "disaster".

But... you still need to use 32-bit program version for maximum data compatibility currently data vendor's APIs
(with few exceptions) are not 64-bit. And 64-bit API is required to build 64-bit plugin DLL that is in turn required
to run native 64-bit AmiBroker version.

See also:
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/compat.html

Best regards,