[amibroker] Re: Alert email setting for GMAIL

  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 15:12:08 -0000
  • From: "Chaitanya" <kcityg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Alert email setting for GMAIL

on further reading.. it seems like using the flag value of 15 will help a bit in reducing the number of multiple signals.

AlertIf( Buy, "SOUND C:\\Program Files\\Amibroker\\BuyBuyBuy.wav", "Audio alert ", 15 );

I am using 15 as from the AFL Reference guide this field has to be the sum of the chosen flags (1+2+4+8 for me).

But it still wont wait for the end of the bar. So if  i were to get a Buy signal at the end of bar this line of code will send out an alert prematurely during the bar sometime at the first instance of the buy condition being met. So how do i wait for the bar to finish before alert happens?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chaitanya" <kcityg@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the picture Pankaj. That was helpful.
>
> Mark: havent yet looked into the code you sent.
>
> One more question, currently i am getting a ton of alerts as data is streaming (intraday).
>
> How do i make alertif send an alert only after the end of the current bar instead of during the interim (for reference, 1 am trading 5min bars mostly)?
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mark Hike markhike@ wrote:
> >
> > This is the AFL I use after setting up GMAIL. Works great!
> >
> > Procedure emailAlert(subject, msg)
> > {
> > local text;
> > subject = StrReplace(subject, "\"", "\\\"");
> > msg = StrReplace(msg, "\"", "\\\"");
> > text = "\"" + subject + "\" \"" + msg + "\"";
> > AlertIf(true, "EXEC C:\\Program Files\\AmiBroker\\EMailerSSL.exe", text, 5,
> > 0);
> > }
> >

> > On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Pankaj Sharma psharma@xxxxx:
> >

> > > Amibroker sends emails to gmail, using it daily in my system ? you need
> > > 5.21 or higher. Setup for gmail is in link
> > > http://www.amibroker.com/gifs/gmailalert.gif

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/