Re: [amibroker] Trading Triangle from Market Club:

  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:47:12 +0530
  • From: Asis Ghosh <subhamedicalsjpg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Trading Triangle from Market Club:

Hello Ram,

Have you completed this Trading Triangle AFL ?--It may be of immense useful at EOD--also it can be auto updated in an excel pivot file--

Asis

ram vel wrote:
Hi Ashish

You seem quite excited about trade triangles.
Sometimes you may already have it in you but just waiting for a spark.
========================
I cant help you fully, but to
 Set the ball rolling (1 to 2%) OR  to Bell the cat or who let the dogs out??
here is some thinking which can help

to start moving the ball from stationary zone.
These are just code lines. Not an afl.

1 Last hour close above 5 hour moving average
Code lines may be
   condition is Hourly close > MA(C,5)

2 New 3 day high on monday
     think of monday later

H3 = High > Ref(HHV(High,3),-1);

3.Last price Above 20day moving average
   C >MA(C,20)
4 New 3 week high  week ending 21november
 (think of monday later )

H3w = High > Ref(HHV(High,15),-1)

5 NEW 3 MONTH HIGH
H3m = High > Ref(HHV(High,66),-1);

   Why 66? (22 trading days a month,take round figure)
This is just a start.
rest of the thing  will soon be completed and my mistake if any also will be fixed.

Note:
From coding library, new 52 week high is defined as
 H1 = High > Ref(HHV(High,260),-1);

Enjoy!