Fw: [#66304] Fw: [amibroker] Re: Problems with tracing variable value through exploration... [5 Attachments]

  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:28:16 -0800 (PST)
  • From: Gray Bohon <egbohon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Fw: [#66304] Fw: [amibroker] Re: Problems with tracing variable value through exploration... [5 Attachments]

[Attachment(s) from Gray Bohon included below]

I'm not getting a very prompt response from tech support on this.  I would appreciate it if someone on the list could try to replicate my "experiment" and let me know if you are producing the same result.  Basically take the code below, put it in an exploration, name it, run it with a live chart in the workspace using the "Explore" button in the Automatic Analysis window, and look at the output in the trace output window.  Does the user-defined variable populate with a value other than zero?

I'm trying to isolate this down to either a problem with my own system/settings, or the functioning of AB.

Thanks in advance.

-GB

The Code:

// Test the MA crossover exploration...

// long trades entry and exit rules:

MovAvg = EMA( Close, 15 );

Buy = Cross( Close, MovAvg );

Sell = Cross( MovAvg, Close );

Buy = ExRem(Buy, Sell);

Sell = ExRem(Sell, Buy);

Filter=Buy OR Sell;

AddColumn( Close, "Close" );

//AddColumn( MovAvg, "MovAvg" );

_TRACE("sell..." + LastValue(Sell) + " buy..." + LastValue(Buy));

_TRACE("Close..." + LastValue(C));

_TRACE("MovAvg..." + LastValue(MovAvg));