[amibroker] backtesting problem

  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 21:57:27 -0000
  • From: "wolfie125" <lurama125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] backtesting problem

i have an array of my net position size, ie it is not the raw trading signals any more. It is e.g {6,6,6,-3,-3,-3,10,10,10.....} So at some point you will need to sell 6 contracts to clear the long, short 3, then later cover 3 and buy 10.

Can this be done without the custom backtester and can anybody point me in the right direction. I am new to afl and this was how i started but then just stopped when i couldnt get it. I know its full of errors but just for background :

//Set Backtestmode
SetBacktestMode(backtestregularrawmulti);

// delays
SetTradeDelays( 0, 0, 0, 0 );
BuyPrice = SellPrice = Open;

SetPositionSize(abs(xxxtotal-Ref(xxxtotal,-1)),spsShares);

for( i = 1; i < BarCount; i++ ){
	Buy[i]=0;
	Sell[i]=0;
	Short[i]=0;
	Cover[i]=0;
	aaa[i]=xxxtotal[i];
	bbb[i] = PositionSize[i];
	if (xxxtotal[i-1]>0){
		if (xxxtotal[i]<0){
//how do i get positionsizes right here?
			Sell[i] = 1;
			Short[i] = 1;
		}
		else if (xxxtotal[i]>xxxtotal[i-1]){
			Buy[i] = sigScaleIn;
		}
		else if (xxxtotal[i]<0){
			Sell[i] = sigScaleOut;

		}
		else if (xxxtotal[i]<xxxtotal[i-1]){
			Sell[i] = sigScaleOut;
		}
	}
	else if (xxxtotal[i-1]<0){
		if (xxxtotal[i-1]>0){
			Cover[i] = 1;
//and again the positionsizes?
			Buy[i] = sigScaleIn;
		}
		else if (xxxtotal[i]<xxxtotal[i-1]){
			//PositionSize[i] = (xxxtotal[i-1]-xxxtotal[i]);
			Short[i] = sigScaleIn;
		}
		else if (xxxtotal[i]>xxxtotal[i-1]){
			Cover[i] = sigScaleOut;