[amibroker] Re: How to Draw a Chart Just Once?

  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 19:06:24 -0000
  • From: "Bruce" <brucer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: How to Draw a Chart Just Once?

Progster -

I've seen this before, and it is best left to TJ to explain why.  I've just used the IsNull() function and moved on.

if ( IsNull( StaticVarGet( "passcount" ) ) )
    StaticVarSet( "passcount", 1 );

BTW, I went ahead and finished the article off.  I know you get the idea, but it may be of help to others who run into similar problems.  Sorry for the long URL - gotta fix that soon -

http://www.amibrokeru.com/FreeLibrary/FreeArticles/tabid/63/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/115/Indicator-Cache-ndash-Dealing-with-Lengthy-Indicator-Re-Calculations.aspx

-- Bruce

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "progster01" <progster@xxx> wrote:

> Jules and Bruce,
>
> Thank you both for your comments and suggestions. I'm sure I'll be able to achieve improvement by working in the indicated directions.
>
> I'll definitely look forward to your article, Bruce, whenever it is ready.
>
> Thinking of what's been said, I'd like to detect the first pass thru the code (vs. subsequent passes).
>
> This compiles, but doesn't work:
>
> if( StaticVarGet("PassCount") == Null ){ StaticVarSet( "PassCount", 1 ); }
> else StaticVarSet( "PassCount", StaticVarGet("PassCount") + 1 ) ;
> _TRACE( "PassCount: " + NumToStr( StaticVarGet("PassCount"), 1.0) ) ;
>
> ( _TRACE() reports: PassCount: {EMPTY} on every pass. )
>
> I feel sure there must be some simple idiom for doing this. (Perhaps I'm having a block-head day!) Suggestions?
>
> - Progster

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/