[amibroker] Re: Traders Tax

  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 19:02:04 -0000
  • From: "Mike" <sfclimbers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Traders Tax

Green is afraid because the tax would likely wipe out a sizable chunk of his business!

The tax would hurt accountants, brokers, internet providers, book sellers, magazine publishers, etc.

Back in March, I used the same link that Steve provided in his earlier reply. In return I got the expected form letter from Senator Boxer thanking me for voicing my concerns. I did not hear back from Senator Feinstein, nor from Representative Speier.

Since then, Boxer has come out saying that she supports the tax. But, only if applied globally.

Now, that is either:

- Astute politics on her part; Appearing to support a tax to soothe the masses, yet in a way that is unlikely to ever materialize.

or

- She really wants to push a global tax :(

At least she recognizes that the US cannot just do it by themselves. It would have to be globally or not at all.

Mike

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    amibroker-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx