Re: [amibroker] Re: Downloading all AFL Library files

  • Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 09:53:39 -0500
  • From: Herman <psytek@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Downloading all AFL Library files

fwiw, I used to use HTTrack (haven't used it for awhile) to download the site and install a link on my desktop. Instant off-line access! Then I windows search program to extract all .afl files and import them into my afl data base (I use Info Select).

The best use I found is to be able to search for examples on how to use certain functions. The library is packed with coding tidbits that can save you lots of time.

herman

reinsley wrote:
Marty,

It's a nightmare to organise all the afl files. Bad idea to download all
the stuff into your computer, IMHO.

It's beyond the words to know what such afl does, what is loaded into
AB, where it is, what is in progress, what is solid code, what is a test.

I use Word to search strings inside the 5,000 formulas, Excel to build
an AB bible, Google desktop, NotePad++ , the power of Google to search
into archives, the table of contents of the User's KB, FireFox to read
the forums, ThunderBird to keep links, OneNote to keep screen captures
and various notes, Irfanview to manage the AB jpg, and so one...

I work with one version of course. I can't imagine how TJ manage many
releases, many versions 32bits and 64bits ?!

To write a book "The adventurers of the lost AB notes" should a best-seller.

Best regards

Henrik Rasmussen a écrit :

Use the Download Them All!! to change the file extension to .afl  using
the renaming mask.

Rik Rasmussen

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Henrik Rasmussen <hrasmussen@xxxxxxxxx