Re: [amibroker] Re: Trader Tax

  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:50:31 +0100
  • From: "Edward Pottasch" <empottasch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Trader Tax

bloomberg mentions that Geithner says:

Firms are ?going to move in a heartbeat to get around any tax like that.?

I just wonder how trading firms would get around this tax. Anyway it seems Geithner is still opposed to the trading tax.

Initially they claimed that this tax would limit the volatility in the markets but now it becomes clear the bureaucrats just want some easy money. Why not just tax the people who do outrageously good in the markets some extra? I just do not understand that Pelosi thinks 0.25% tax will not hurt traders. All low commission brokers will disappear as will small traders, daytraders. Apparently big trading firms will find ways around this tax. So they basicly wipe out the market participation of the small guy. The small guy should buy a stock for life and hope they don't get screwed by the corporate crooks who pay themselves 400 to 600 times on average of what they pay the average worker. If these corporate crooks would be in a private company they would be gone within 6 months if they would continue to pay themselves like that. I bet 95% of all these crooked listed companies would be gone within 6 months if they could not rely on the markets to continue funding their excesses.