Re: [amibroker] Why is SetPositionSize() changing the number of trades that are made?

  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 23:17:32 +0100
  • From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Why is SetPositionSize() changing the number of trades that are made?

Hello,

It is pretty simple, if for example your system is losing,
with larger position sizes you will run out of money quicker and
then there will be no funds to open new positions.
On the other hand if system is profitable you will earn money quicker
and more positions (possibly for pricier stocks) could be open.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com