[amibroker] Re: Jurik Research tools - opinions? Anybody using Jurik tools?

  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 18:15:23 -0000
  • From: "sebastiandanconia" <sebastiandanconia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Jurik Research tools - opinions? Anybody using Jurik tools?

(OT)  In a sincere attempt to help out a fellow trader/investor, I must agree with Ara on this, and offer this additional advice:  Whatever Jurik has to offer, you can recreate it for yourself, at no further expense, with Amibroker!  In fact, you may not even need to recreate anything.  Between the "canned" indicators that come with AB, the additional ones available for free in AB's online library, and what you can easily adapt from these two sources I'm not sure you would ever need to pay extra for any indicators or group of indicators.

Seriously.  Pick any "unique" indicator that you think is interesting, and spend a little time trying to duplicate it on your own using AB.  The math is the same for everybody.:)  You'll get an eye-opening experience in how snake oil is produced and marketed, but better yet you'll get an indicator that you truly understand because you'll know how it was made.

Good luck,

Sebastian

p.s.  This also goes for the poster from a few days ago who asked about the "High Velocity Market Master" system.  It looks like the indicators needed are a long-term moving average (for direction), a couple of linear regression moving average lines (crossover is a signal to buy or short), and an ATR volatility stop as an entry trigger and target exit.  S.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    amibroker-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx