[amibroker] Re: Mixed EOD/Intraday data limitations?

  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:21:01 -0000
  • From: "ganamide" <ganamide@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Mixed EOD/Intraday data limitations?

Tomasz,

I still have questions regarding how the mixed EOD/Intraday data actually works. I am using IQFeed and when allowing mixed data, I get mixed results. It seems like when I initially add a symbol to the database, I get full EOD data (i.e. several years), but when I force a backfill, the EOD data is truncated to the amount of intraday data that the database is specified to hold (i.e. 10,000 1-minute bars = 7 daily bars.)

1. How is the mixed EOD/intraday data feature implemented? Is it only storing data in the shortest interval (i.e., 1 minute)? Do I really need to load over 1,000,000 1 minute bars just so that I can see 4 years of daily futures data (24 hours session) when using the mixed data setting?

2. I am not sure if you answered this question that the original poster asked: If we use separate databases for EOD and intraday data, can we access both databases from a single backtest?

3. Related to question 2, can chart drawings be shared between two databases? I really like being able to draw a trendline on a daily chart and seeing it on a 5 minute chart. Can I do this when using separate databases?

4. Is it possible that you will add in the near future full support for combined EOD and intraday data, using separate stores for each in the same database?

Dziekuje bardzo!
Chris

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/