[amibroker] How to choose a back-testing and trading platform?

I have scoured the internet to find which platform I should use.. and I must say it is pretty confusing with the plethora of offers in the market (including the excellent one from AmiBroker).

I think this article about how to decide on a back-testing and live trading platform:

http://bit.ly/6p2k6g

is very useful as it identifies all the areas of functionality that
might be required for automated trading strategies as well as lists the major platforms and what they can offer (ie you can compare AmiBroker to other platforms, etc.).

What really helped me - and this is pretty obvious actually - is to put first what I require from the software(s) and accept that in all likelihood I will not find one piece of software that does all I need.

All I do now when I come across a new software/platform is compare it against the list of functionalities in that article and see how it fits in the big system diagram. Then I try and see what extra features it can bring compared to the ones use or know of... And thats how I decided to switch from TradersStudio to AmiBroker as my main back-testing platform! And it will probably help me (and you?) decide on what additional platforms might be required to complement AmiBroker...

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    amibroker-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx