Re: [amibroker] Lets ask T J for AFL EDITOR encryption in the next beta

  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:59:27 -0500
  • From: Keith McCombs <kmccombs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Lets ask T J for AFL EDITOR encryption in the next beta

Ronald --
Sorry, but I agree with the quote below,
which you attribute to Grant Noble and Steve Hite.

Also, I doubt that the AB community represents a very good market for "Black Box" software.

You might better translate your indicators into TradeStation's EasyLanguage.  EL code can be easily encrypted and, I believe, the TS community is more receptive to "Black Boxs".
-- Keith

Ronald Davis wrote:

I have no C++ programming skills at all, so making an AFL plugin is out of the question for me.
Also, I imagine it  would be a lot of work for C++ programmers to create Plugins because of
the inability of DLLS to access the fantastic array processing  that is unique to Amibroker.

I have attached a chart of UKW which, IMHO, clearly shows top pivots and the bottom pivots.

Years ago,when  my son showed me the Amibroker software,
I concluded that it should be possible to develop AFL smoothing techniques that would
produce custom indicator lines that would display the technical status of any symbol.

Hopefully,  some Amibroker readers of this Yahoogroup agree with my view that these chart lines
really do a good job of showing  the top pivots and the bottom pivots.

This email is a suggestion that we form an Amibroker/Saul Alinsky community organizer group in
an attempt to convince T J to include Encryption Ability WITHIN the AFL editor.
IMHO, T J'S comment per 2) below that he would  make it a seperate add on was to allay the
concerns of grantnoble and stevehite per 1) below.

1) On April 13, and April 14, grantnoble and stevehite submitted the below descenting  comments.

"I hope this functionality is never implemented.
If one's AFL is that good then just keep it to yourself and make a private fortune or write a plugin in C/C++
and sell that (if you can). Tomasz has a great open community in the Yahoo group and this doesn't promote
a sharing of ideas.  I don't see how this benefits anyone other than third parties who are just looking to make
a quick buck."

2) On Apr 25th, 2006, Tomasz Janeczko responded with "This will be made available as a separate add-on
product"

I have also attached a wordpad of the all of the Encryption feedbacks that were posted in response to
Encryption suggestion  #51.  Ron D

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/