[amibroker] JAVA SCRIPT SIMPLE QUESTIONS

  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 20:42:45 -0000
  • From: "bistrader" <bistrader@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] JAVA SCRIPT SIMPLE QUESTIONS

I created the following Java Script to do an exploration on an afl and then export the exploration to a file.  I have a few questions.

1. From a structure perspective, is there anything that I should include or exclude as I try to pick up Java Script.
2. I can not figure out how to load a reference symbol like "RUT-I" with is the R2000 so that AmiBroker knows the valid market days.
3. How to change the following if I want to loop through 10 csv files rather than just the watchlist 9 used in the following?  That is, do this 10 times automatically but on csv files named In1.csv to In10.csv, if you will.

By the way, I am going through a learning process to expand my knowledge on what to do in afl, what to do in Java Script and what to do in AutoIt.  This is part of that process.

// Build_JavaScript.js

//  This Java Script file should:
//  1. Load a Database
//  2. Run an exploration on an afl.
//  3. Export the exploration to a csv file.

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Create AmiBroker object and get Analysis object
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
var AB, AA, i;

AB = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application");
AA = AB.Analysis;

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Load Database
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
AB.LoadDatabase("C:\\Amibroker\\FastTrack");

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Automatic Analysis Input and Export Information
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFL_Directory = "C:\\Amibroker\\AFL\\";                  // Location of AFL
AFL_ExploreFileName = "0_DataExport.afl";                // AFL program to get the data to be exported
AFL_ExploreFile = AFL_Directory + AFL_ExploreFileName;   // Name of the above program with it's path included

Export_Directory = "C:\\Amibroker\\Temp\\";              // Location where Exported data will be saved
ExportFileName = "MyCsvFile.csv";                        // Name of export file
ExportFile = Export_Directory + ExportFileName;          // Name of above export file with its path included

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Setup Exploration using info defined above
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA.LoadFormula( AFL_ExploreFile );

// Use the following to tell Amibroker what to Include/Exclude and what dates to use
//
// "index", "favorite", "market", "group", "sector", "index", "watchlist"
// 0 = include; 1 = exclude
// 0 = all stocks, 1 = current stock, 2 = use filter
// 0 = all quotes, 1 = n last quotes, 2 = n last days, 3 = from-to date
//

// Set Filters
AA.ClearFilters();
// AA.Filter(0,"favorite") = 1;   // Try this to load a long ticker which is favorites ^rut
AA.Filter(0,"watchlist") = 9;     // 0 = Include; "watchlist" 57 contains the SP500 component stocks
AA.ApplyTo = 2;                   // 0 = all stocks, 1 = current stock, 2 = use filter

// Set Dates
AA.RangeMode = 3;                    // 0 = all quotes, 1 = n last quotes, 2 = n last days, 3 = from-to date
//AA.RangeN = 5000;
AA.RangeFromDate = "12/31/2002";
AA.RangeToDate = "12/31/2099";

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Run exploration, export exploration to csv file
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
{AA.Explore();}

{AA.Export( ExportFile );

AB.SaveDatabase();

AB.RefreshAll();}

//AA.ShowWindow(0);                     // 0 = all stocks, 1 = current stock, 2 = use filter

// The End

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx