Re: [amibroker] Re: US$ INDEX

  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:18:31 +0800
  • From: Richard Dale <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: US$ INDEX

I believe the official US Dollar Index is generated at a different time than those generated by the Federal Reserve web site.

Because the US Dollar Index is calculated against spot rates that trade on a 24 hour basis, you will find variations when looking at daily data because of differing sample times.

For example the US Dollar Index is based upon a 5pm New York close.  The Fed Reserve typically uses a 12:00 (noon) in most of their calculations.

Our US Dollar Index cash data goes back to 1971 and our US Dollar Index futures data dates back to November 1985.

Best regards,
Richard Dale.
Norgate Investor Services
- Premium quality Stock, Futures and Foreign Exchange Data for
  markets in Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe, UK & USA -
www.premiumdata.net