Re: [amibroker] HOW TO CREATE CSV FILE WITHIN AFL OF EXPLORATION

You can create files from an exploration using the AddLineToFile() shown
below. You need to define the PathFilename to point to where you want
the file to end up. You format the msg to contain whatever you need to
send to the file. Normally this would add a line to the file for each
ticker explored but you can call this function conditionally to only add
text to the file when you need it, for example to add an extra line at
the start of the the exploration you would addThis:

if( Status("stocknum") == 0 ) AddLineToFile(...);

I use this technique to create include files that can be included/shared
by any system regardless of which DB it uses. This way you can create
afl code that changes dynamically depending on conditions found by the
Exploration.

good luck,
herman

function AddLineToFile( PathFilename, Msg )
{
    fh = 0;
    if ( Msg != "" )
    {
        fn = PathFilename;
        fh = fopen( Fn , "a" );
        if ( fh == 0 ) fh = fopen( fn, "w" );
        if ( fh )
        {
            fputs( Msg + "\n", fh );
            fclose( fh );
        }
        else
        {
            PopupWindow( "Cannot open File:\n" + Fn +"\n\nIs it in use
by another program?", "FILE OPERATION", 10 );
        }
    }
    return fh;
}