Re: [amibroker] How to fill the AUX fields with EOD data?

thank you Tomasz, you may have just saved me a lot of experimental work!

What do you mean with "...that will have "use only local database" turned on"? There is only one DB setting in the Rt DB...how to apply a different setting to the individual imported symbols, i.e., how do I exclude individual symbols from RT Updates?

btw, What would happen if I simply copied a composite symbol from the EOD DB to the RT DB (before AB launch), and tried to read it in my 1-min RT DB using Foreign?

thanks for the help,
herman

Tomasz Janeczko wrote:
Hello,

If you are using external data source via plugin, the plugin
takes over any values in the database, so any "imported" values will
be overwritten by the plugin. The only exceptions are
symbols that are EXCLUDED from RT update by "use only local database" option.

You may import data into your IQFeed database using ASCII importer
into separate symbols like XXX_EOD that will have "use only local database"
turned on and later refer to them using Foreign().

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com