[amibroker] Biggest shortcoming of AFL scripting language

AFL needs something like:

static {
a = 1;
b = 2.3;
c = "hello world"
}

The first time the script is read into a chart, the variables within the static{} clause would be created and initialized.    Their values would be GLOBAL and REMEMBERED from run-to-run of the script.

I know what you're thinking....

"Well, you can use StaticVarGet(), StaticVarSet(), StaticVarGetText() and StaticVarSetText() and do the same thing you're trying to show here so what's your point?".

My reaction to that kind of question is...HUH?!

Oh, you mean you would rather say:

"StaticVarSet("a", 3)" or "a = StaticVarGet("a")"

rather than:

"a = 3" or "a"

to have values set/get and remembered between runs of the script (global, yet private to that particular script)?

Now, tell me honestly, which one makes YOUR programming life easier and your scripts easier to be read by others?

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    amibroker-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx