Re: [amibroker] Re: Editing many Include files

Bruce,

Thanks for the good info from your experience.  I have Notepad++ open
right now and am starting to play with it.  Yes please post the syntax
file.

I was not planning on abandoning the AB Formula editor, as it has
specific functionality that is tailored to AFL.

However, for now I need to manage include files as a group and the
basic features of Notepad++ looks like it would get me through some
rough patches until Tomasz adds more editor capabilities by one method
or another.  I hate to suggest specific enhancements  before I have
become familiar with the problems I need to solve.  I also try to
solve them in reasonable and simple ways first.  I prefer to have more
signal than noise in my words.

The latest version of Notepad++ also has some scripting now.  It also
has Regular Expressions which I don't need right now.  I usually only
invest in learning the features I need to get the job done in any
tool.  There are a lot of features, but the ones that look useful to
me in Notepad++ are:

1. Batch search, open and incremental replace across a set of files
inside a folder/subfolders.
2. Syntax highlighting for AFL possible
3. Auto indenting and block highlighting
4. Syntax folding
5. File differences
6. Spell checking (for my comments)

I just went through 18 files with 30+ PlotOHLC commands to put the
Plot commands back in about half of them after the bug was fixed in Z-
order.  From not knowing anything anything about the Notepad++ to
completing the task took about 30 minutes.  That was useful.  I have a
lot more things like that to do with about 100 plot commands across 23
includes with plot commands.

For AFL work, which is all I would use it for, I would like to kill
most of the menus and features that just clutter up the interface --if
I were going to use it a lot.  I like simple interfaces (I'm a Mac guy).

Best regards,
Dennis

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/