[amibroker] Re: How do I get the price and indicator values in the custom backtester?

I can't test this out at the moment. But, try either of Foreign or
SetForeign. Generally, when making multiple references to a foreign
symbol, you would use SetForeign for better efficiency compared to
multiple calls to Foreign.

SetForeign(sig.Symbol);
sig.PosSize = CurrentEquity * Ref(C, -1) / Ref(ATR(10), -1);
RestorePriceArrays();

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ezbentley" <ezbentley@xxx> wrote:

> This should be a very simple question but I am new to the custom
backtester.

> I would like to use the price, current portfolio equity, and other
indicator values to
> calculate the position size with the following code.
>
> if (Status("action") == actionPortfolio) {
> 	bo = GetBacktesterObject();
> 	bo.PreProcess();
> 	for (bar = 0; bar < BarCount; bar++) {
> 		CurrentEquity = bo.Equity;
> 		for (sig = bo.GetFirstSignal(bar); sig; sig =
bo.GetNextSignal(bar)) {
> 			sig.PosSize = /* What should I put here? */
> 		}
> 		bo.ProcessTradeSignals(bar);
> 	}
> 	bo.ListTrades();
> }
>
> For example, if I want to set position size to CurrentEquity * Ref
(C, -1) / Ref(ATR(10), -1),
> apparently that syntax will give me an error because I cannot
access C and ATR(10) in the
> usual manner.
>
> Can anyone help me with implementing CurrentEquity * Ref(C, -1) /
Ref(ATR(10), -1)

**** IMPORTANT ****