From: Mike <sfclimbers@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Sector as a symbol
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 9:47 PM

Hi,

From the AA window, set the filter to the sector that you want (e.g.
IT), then run the following script.

Buy = 0;

AddToComposite( Close, "~IT", "X");
AddToComposite( 1, "~IT", "I");

Plot(Foreign( "~IT", "X")/Foreign( "~IT", "I"), "IT Index", colorRed);

The code above is an updated version of that found here:
http://amibroker. com/guide/ a_addtocomposite .html

Read up on AddToComposite for detail, particularly the excellent
guide provided by Herman
http://www.amibroke r.net/3rdparty/ IntroToAtc. pdf

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx ps.com, "shahariar4" <shahariar4@ ...> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Can anyone pls help telling me how can i get a sector work like a
> symbol in Amibroker? Suppose-I have a sector name 'IT' which has 6
> stocks, my question is-
>
> 1. How can i change the builtin sector format of AMI and inlcue the
> stocks in IT sector?
>
> 2. Then how can i use the IT sector as in charts/indicators? like i
> want to see the whote IT sector as a symbol so that i can try
> different idicators/oscillaor s etc on that to see the sector's
> positions etc....I want to see the secotr as a symbol
>

> Will highly appreciate if any one could kindly help.
>

> Thanks
>
> Shahariar4

**** IMPORTANT ****