[amibroker] Re: Using Telechart plugin, need to backtest using an index Telechart does not inclu

Hello John,

I don't use Worden so I can't run a test but theoretically I think you
can do it.

AB can be treated as any database and it is robust, especially for EOD
databases (mixing EOD and intraday is not such a great idea IMO).
Often experiment is the best answer.... as long as you backup your good
database and play around with a spare.

AmiQuote/Yahoo

Yes the history is deep ...it varies with symbol ... I have 10
years ... some went a lot further.

The problem might be matching the data type.
Worden has subjectively adjusted data?
Yahoo has either div and event adjusted OR raw data (your choice).

Yahoo does contain some errors so it will not deliver pin point
accuracy for algorithmic trading e.g. I have seen a 50 cent div entered
into Yahoo as 50 dollars.

Yahoo Raw is more likely to be accurate since Yahoo do the adjusting
themselves while the raw data comes straight from CSI.

IF you are going to use Yahoo then you do need to learn the tricks of
the trade (price adj and volume adj).

There might be more than one way to do it.

Try this to start.

Export your Valueline index ASCII file.
Start a new local EOD database.
ASCII import your Valueline index to the new database.
Get a list of Yahoo symbols for the stocks you are interested in, enter
them to your new database and AmiQuote/Yahoo data for them.

Pretty certain you could also append Yahoo data to a Worden sourced AB
database as long as it is EOD ... the only prob would be any symbols
that don't correspond, which is usually only the indexes.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "john10987654321"

**** IMPORTANT ****