From: ozzyapeman
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 3:12 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Automation to load an AFL and run Portfolio Optimization

The simplified code below runs without any syntax error. However, instead of optimizing through all 100 steps, it only does a single step. Any idea why doesn't it do all 100 steps, as coded in the Simple MA Cross afl?:

// AUTOMATION CODE: Load an AFL and Run a Portfolio Optimization

EnableScript("jscript");
<%

database  =
"C:\\Program Files\\Amibroker\\Data";
formula_1 =
"C:\\Simple MA Cross.afl";

AB  = new ActiveXObject(
"Broker.Application" );
AB.LoadDatabase( database );
AA  = AB.Analysis;

AA.LoadFormula( formula_1 );
// load formula from external file

AA.ApplyTo       =
1;                     // use current symbol
AA.RangeMode     =
3;                     // use 'From' and 'To' dates
AA.RangeFromDate =
"11/01/2005";
AA.RangeToDate   =
"12/31/2005";
AA.Optimize(
0 );                         // run Optimize for the portfolio, which is just one symbol
//AA.Backtest();

%>
//---------END AUTOMATION AFL-------------------------------------------------

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ozzyapeman" <zoopfree@xxx> wrote:

> Hoping someone can chime in here to let me know what I might be doing
> wrong. I'm currently testing out some simple automation code. The
> objective is to load an AFL and then run a portfolio optimization for a
> specified date range.
>
> I am using a simple MA crossover trading system for testing purposes. I
> can of course optimize it manually in AA without any problem. But when I
> try to run and control that optimization from a piece of automation
> code, I get a whole range of syntax errors.
>
> Below are the two *separate* AFL codes. I imagine the first AFL has some
> errors in it that is preventing the actions from being carried out
> properly. What am I missing or doing wrong? Any input much appreciated:
>
> //----------------------------------------------------------------------\
> ------
> // AUTOMATION CODE: Load an AFL and Run a Portfolio Optimization
> //----------------------------------------------------------------------\
> ------
>
> EnableScript("jscript");
> <%
>
> database = "C:\\Program Files\\Amibroker\\Data";
> formula_1 = "C:\\Simple MA Cross.afl";
>
> AB = new ActiveXObject( "Broker.Application" );
> AB.LoadDatabase( database );
> AA = AB.Analysis;
> Stk = AB.Stocks
> Doc = AB.Documents.Open( Stk.Ticker );
>
> AA.LoadFormula( formula_1 ); // load formula from external
> file
>
> AA.ApplyTo = 1; // use current symbol
> AA.RangeMode = 3; // use 'From' and 'To' dates
> AA.RangeFromDate = "11/01/2005";
> AA.RangeToDate = "12/31/2005";
> AA.Optimize( 0 ); // run Optimize for the
> portfolio, which is just one symbol
> AA.Backtest();
>
> %>
> //---------END AUTOMATION
> AFL-------------------------------------------------
>

> //----------------------------------------------------------------------\
> ------
> // Simple MA Cross: THIS IS A SEPARATE AFL SAVED AT: "C:\\Simple MA
> Cross.afl"
> //----------------------------------------------------------------------\
> ------
>

> FastMALength = Optimize("FastMALength", 1, 1, 100, 1);
> SlowMALength = 20;
>
> //----------------------------------------------------------------------\
> ------
> // BACKTESTER SETTINGS
> //----------------------------------------------------------------------\
> ------
>
> SetBarsRequired(10000, 0);
> SetOption("AllowPositionShrinking", False);
> SetOption("AllowSameBarExit", True);
> SetOption("CommissionAmount", 3.00);
> SetOption("CommissionMode", 3);
> SetOption("FuturesMode", 1);
> [...]