Re: [amibroker] Re: ADR Index and IB TWS

Barry --
I contacted TWS and received the following explanation.

"
Amibroker historical data equates Trader Workstation (TWS) charting information. Therefore, Amibroker backfill messages are identical to the TWS charting display. If the Chart feature in TWS is not receiving data for the ADR@xxxx INDEX contract, then it is impossible to obtain the same information through any API program.

For further investigation, I tried requesting ADR@xxxx IND and the data is not available. Some of the indexes are not available for backfill data, and ADR is one of them unfortunately.

Before requesting data in Amibroker, first you need to navigate to the TWS and enter the specified contract then open a charting window. If you are successful in requesting backfill data in TWS, then you should able to obtain the same historical data through the API.
"

Thanks for your help.
-- Keith

Barry Scarborough wrote:

I tried ADR-AMEX-IND this morning and could not back fill it. Same
error message as last night. But I let it run and the data is being
received and filling the chart.

I guess back fill is a question for TWS support.

Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Barry Scarborough" <razzbarry@x..>
wrote:

> I tried and get the same error. If you place your cursor on the
green
> CONN IB bar in the lower right the last message will be displayed.
The
> message I get is Data service error message, not data returned. At
> times this happens for no apparent reason. Wait until the market
opens
> tomorrow and see if it works then. Watch to see if the bars are
being
> updated in real time, then try to back fill.
>
> Barry
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, Keith McCombs <kmccombs@> wrote:
> >
> > I just recently got AB working with IB controller and TWS, 1
minute
> > data. I cannot load ADR-AMEX-IND. Whenever I try, an error or
> warning
> > message is displayed, but lasts for such a short time that I am
> unable
> > to read it. Also, I can view the chart on TWS, so I'm pretty
sure I
> am
> > using the correct symbol.
> >
> > However, I have no problem with SPX-CBOE-IND or any of the
*stocks* I
> > have tried so far.
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> > -- Keith