Re: [amibroker] Re: Synergy trading system

 I don't see where you did anything wrong.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 9:31 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Synergy trading system

Hi Everyone,
Let me put thimgs straight here.

IF anyone feels that this is copyright Violation ,I request the
Moderator of this group to remove the post which is causing
unnecessary discussions & waste of energy.

1) My intention was not copyright violation ,while browsing another
Forex forum ,I read this system,& googled it & got on the net.

2) Since ,I do not know programming I could not get volatility Bands
i/e not available in Amibroker library.Also I could not make what are
the parameters for the same.

3) Thirdly my intention is not to create Controversy.If i have hurt
the feelings of anyone ,I am sorry.

We had better revert back to Serious AFL discuusions.

I once again reuest the Moderator to remove My POST

Regards

Amikid

-- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Ed Hoopes" <reefbreak_sd@...> wrote:

> Several years ago I purchased 4 trading systems:
> Dollar Trader
> Aberration Plus
> Synergy
> I-Master
>
> All of these systems were traded together from one account. I learned
> an enormous amount about trading and diversification by watching these
> systems trade. It encouraged me to develop my own system that was
> tailored to my personality and resources.
>
> Buying a system from an experienced system developer, then trading
> with it is a good first step in learning how to trade. It is better
> than copping a few lines of AFL from somewhere and thinking that is
> all there is to it.
>
> I have been a full time trader for about 5 years now, and that is how
> I got started. I thought my experience would help someone that
> appeared to be just starting in the business.
>
> Just back from El Cardon, heading for Acid Drops next month,
> ReefBreak
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@> wrote:
> >
> > Ed,
> >

> > Are you suggesting that the 'info' at the end of techies link is
> > based on, or, is an actual copy of Dean Hoffmans system?
> >
> > The site does say:
> >
> > "If you see any file that should not be here, send an email
> > to ron@ and let me know. I'll remove it as
> > soon as I see the email."
> >
> > This type of thing poses very difficult ethical questions ... this is
> > true of the internet in general.
> >
> > I am not sure exactly what position to take.
> >
> > A lot of trading info is general knowledge ... who knows where it
> > first came from?
> >
> > Purveyors of trading systems seem to be in a dubious position:
> >
> > - it is highly unlikely their work is original anyway
> > - it is very doubtful if it works
> > - they seem to be attempting to lock up trading knowledge, that is
> > generic, in an attempt to garner the profits for themselves.
> >

> > In this case:
> >
> > I looked at the PDF ... is is not even pseudocode, let alone a
> > takeoff ... it is just a generic presentation of little value.
> >
> > As per the discussion I was involved in last week ... I have some
> > reservations regarding code and copyright issues e.g. the contents of
> > Howard's book QTS is copyright ... forbidden to reproduce,store,
> > transmit etc
> >
> > The first piece of AFL code in the book is:
> >
> > //Example Trading System.afl
> > //
> > //Very simple trading system
> >
> > FMA = MA(C,3);
> > SMA = MA(C,20);
> >
> > Buy = Cross (FMA, SMA);
> > Sell = Cross (SMA, FMA);
> >
> > Technically speaking Howard 'owns' this system (unless someone esle
> > had already 'published' it prior to his use of it in QTS).
> >
> > It seems to me that this is tying up 'ownership' of a system that I
> > could have readily thought of myself and that I might have wanted to
> [...]

**** IMPORTANT ****