[amibroker] Re: Null seems to plot as zero

Graham,

Are you saying that the "compressed" data is from other Plots? That
being the case, then yes, the "all Null" scenario will plot as zero
thereby compressing the other Plot statements as they all compete for
the same Y axis scale.

To confirm this, comment out the other Plot statements and examine
your chart. You will see that when only nulls are visible, the scale
drops to zero.

I can think of two easy approaches that you can take to resolve your
problem:

1. Employ the styleOwnScale flag for the xaPlotValue Plot;

Plot(IIf(xaInLongTrade, xaPlotValue, Null),
  "test",
  colorGreen,
  styleThick | styleOwnScale);

Else, use the left vertical axis for the xaPlotValue;

Plot(IIf(xaInLongTrade, xaPlotValue, Null),
  "test",
  colorGreen,
  styleThick | styleLeftAxisScale);

These options and more can be found here:
http://amibroker.com/guide/h_indbuilder2.html

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham Johnson" <grahamj@xxx>

**** IMPORTANT ****