Re: [amibroker] Once a day calculations requiring a lot of bars

Title: Re: [amibroker] Once a day calculations requiring a lot of bars

As long as AB is running you can trigger this calculation based on time, for example at 8:00 AM before the market opens. If your computers stays on you can save your variables in Static Variables, if you want to be able to turn off your computer you should save the in PersistentVariables (see UKB).

The code can be part of the chart formula but its execution is conditional on a time-trigger and happens only once a day, i.e. set a flag when the job is done to prevent repeat executions.

Best regards,

herman

> Hi All,

> I have some calculations that I need to make once a day (at the start

> of the day)... these calculations require a lot of historical bars.

> Hence I don't want to include these calculations in any chart code I'm

> using.

> I want to execute this AFL outside of chart... these calculations will

> yield around 40 discrete values.

> What's the best way of doing this...? As a scan? Exploration? Or

> anything else?

> How would I then pass those 40 discrete values to the AFL code in

> charts elsewhere...? Static variables...?

> feedback appareciated

> TIA

> ------------------------------------

> **** IMPORTANT ****

> *********************

> TO GET TECHNICAL SUPPORT from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> *********************

> http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html