[amibroker] Mixed up Quotes Plus, Sectors and Industries

Using AB 5.20 with QP EOD data, the Sectors, Industries, and !IDxxx charts are all mixed up.  For example:

1. For AB shows 13 Sectors, including two Utilities and one Transportation.  The brokers.sectors file contains only 11 items, only one Utilities and no Transportation.  The first Utilities contains 17 industries, only 4 of which are utility related -- the other 13 are retail.  The second Utilities contains the same 4 utility related industries as the first, but with different companies, all of which have NO data.  The Transportation Sector contains 9 industries with a total of 23 companies, only 4 of which have any data.

2.  AB shows 182 industries, many of which show up in more than one sector.  Broker.industries has a total of 151, including Undefined.

3.  AB shows !ID001 through !ID198, however !ID154 through !ID198 have no data.  QP3.1 shows only !ID001 through !ID153.  (I would expect there to be a one-to-one match of !IDxxx symbols to industries (just a guess).

4.  AB and QP3.1 appear to display the same values for any given !IDxxx.  However, they assign different names to many of them.  For example: for !ID050, AB's name is (Leisure-Gaming-LEISURE), while QP's is (Media-Radio/TV MERADIO).  In fact, the names for more than half these symbols disagree.

Note, I have only recently even looked at sectors and industries in AB.  This May have been happening for years without my knowledge.  I have been using AB since at least version 4.2 and QP is at least the fourth data base I have installed (it is the only one I am presently using).

I tried to fix the problem with: File>Data Base Settings>Flush cache -- Configure>Retrieve, without success. (I am suspicious that there may be something wrong with broker.sectors and/or broker.industries.)

Is there a safe, relatively easy way to fix this?  By safe I mean that I do not want to loose any of my existing Layouts.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
-- Keith

**** IMPORTANT ****