[amibroker] Re: OT: Australian Market

Difficult to know,at first glance, if the div yields reflect future
earnings/divs i.e. movements, based on analyst estimates, have
already been priced in.

examples:

Alumina div yield 20%, div estimates fwd 2yrs minus 11%
Woolworths div yield 4%, div estimates fwd 2 years plus 11%

Since the fund managers/analysts control the market they are never
wrong (nomianlly) until new info proves otherwise.

BTW

Someone was asking about methods to measure relative (under/over)
performance of individual stocks .... from that discussion it is
obvious that accurately nominating the start date of a trend is the
difficult part of the equation (personally I thing
MajorPeaks/MajorTroughs is as good as anything if we must make an
arbitrary judgement).

Just wondering if the yields might indicate overbought/oversold
stocks independently of time i.e. it doesn't matter when they started
to trend up or down but only what their relative yield is now.

If that theory were to be proven correct then stocks like WOW don't
have as much potential growth in them as stocks with high yields that
will hold their divs better than analysts estimates.

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/q/aks?s=WOW.AX
http://au.finance.yahoo.com/q/aks?s=AWC.AX

http://www.afr.com/home/tables.aspx

Whatever happens it is definitely not wise to pre-empt the charts.

brian_z

**** IMPORTANT ****