[amibroker] Re: eSignal + TWS

The partner link on 'your' page takes you to a partners summary table:

http://www.esignal.com/solutions/integrated_trading.aspx

The partner links in that table give you a 1 sec info bite on
the 'deals' ... in four cases the broker pays for account holders to
use the eS data (in some cases it is upfront that you need to make X
round trips and in others it isn't spelt out) ... I suspect you are
correct in that it is only for trading from the eS interface.... they
don't all involve a plugin though (IB integration does).

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Ho" <paul.tsho@xxx> wrote:

> Herman
> From your link, I dont think TWS uses eSignal feed. I think eSignal
Permier
> is integrated with TWS API so that you can launch orders from
within eSignal
> http://www.esignal.com/esignal/features_exp.aspx?
name=DirectAccessTrading

> >Some of them are very tempting e.g. when eS offers integration to
> >broker with free eS data (paid for by the broker).
>
> Unless I am mistaken,  the only thing that esignal is offering free
is that
> you can trader from within Premier
> ZZ......Where do get that info from??????????
>
> /Paul.
>  <http://www.esignal.com/map/ib/images/ib_gui_03.gif>
>

>   _____

On Behalf
> Of Herman
> Sent: Friday, 28 November 2008 10:18 PM
> To: brian_z111
> Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: eSignal + TWS
>

> Yes, Esignal can be used while trading the TWS without problems.
Which data
> your system uses simply depends on which Data Plug-in you have
selected in
> AB.
>

> What seems new is that the TWS actually uses eSignal data in their
display
> and for trading (IB plug-in). Does this mean that they are
abolishing
> "Snapshots"? If not, why would IB use eSignal but only provide an
eSignal
> data sampling to their customers?
>

> I can see advantages and disadvantages... a useful implementation
would be
> where one can select either true real-time data (eSignal) OR
snapshots
> derived from eSignal data (at 3/sec). Snapshots data is preferred
in RT
> trading when scanning the market and/or when trading many tickers.
Ideally
> the IB Snapshot function should be a IB-user option.
>

> herman
>

> Friday, November 28, 2008, 6:06:31 AM, you wrote:
>

> > Hi Herman,
>

> > Yes, I know about it and their other offers (you have to keep
your eyes

> > and ears open in this business).
>

> > Some of them are very tempting e.g. when eS offers integration to
>
> > broker with free eS data (paid for by the broker).
>

> > I am following your thread ... at the moment I am in
consolidation mode

> > but sometime next year I will extend my trading education to
AT ...

> > when I do that I will be looking to try eS ---> IB as well as
>
> > AutoTrading using IB's own data.
>

> > I thought you had already documented using eS in conjunction with
AB/IB

fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> be@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx