[amibroker] Re: Looping or optimizing a set of non sequential numbers?

Hey Mike (or anyone),

As a simple test, I am first trying to extract a few numbers from a basic text file and print them to the interpretation window. But I'm getting weird results. My code looks right, as far as I can tell. The text file is simply the numbers 1 thru 12, each on a line, like so:

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12

I stuck the text file in my route directory, C:\

Here is the AFL:

count = 0;
fh =
fopen("c:\\TestExtractFile.txt", "r");

if (fh) {
while(!feof(fh))
{
good[count++] =
StrToNum(fgets(fh));
printf("Number: %gn", good[count++] );
}
}
else {
printf("ERROR: file can not be found (does not exist)");
}

But this is the weird output I get:

Number: 5.30979e-037nNumber: 0nNumber: 0nNumber: 0nNumber: 0nNumber: 0nNumber: 0nNumber: 0nNumber: 0nNumber: 0nNumber: 0nNumber: 0n

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ozzyapeman" <zoopfree@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks Mike! I was dealing with the latter case. So your file
> operations code looks like it might do the trick.
>
> I will test this out.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike" sfclimbers@ wrote:
> >
> > You are presumably generating the "stuff" code somewhere, right?
> >
> > e.g.
> > condition65 = ...stuff;
> > condition126 = ...stuff;
> >
> > Thus, they are simply suggesting that you additionally generate the
> > population of the array at the same time.
> >
> > e.g
> > count = 0;
> >
> > condition65 = ...stuff;
> > good[count++] = 65;
> >
> > condition126 = ...stuff;
> > good[count++] = 126;
> >
> > Now, when constructing your dynamic variable, iterate through the
> > array values something like this (untested):
> >
> > index = Optimize("Index", 0, 0, count - 1, 1);
> >
> > Buy = VarGet("condition" + good[index]);
> > Sell = ...
> >
> > If that is not the case, and your conditions are already in the same
> > AFL as your Buy statement, and the DLL just spits out numbers to a
> > file. Then add file operations to populate the good array (untested).
> >
> > count = 0;
> > fh = fopen("good.txt", "r"); // From DLL, single number per line
> >
> > if (fh) {
> > while(!feof(fh)) {
> > good[count++] = fgets(fh); // May need to convert to number?
> > }
> > } else {
> > printf("ERROR: file can not be found (does not exist)");
> > }
> >
> > index = Optimize("Index", 0, 0, count - 1, 1);
> >
> > Buy = VarGet("condition" + good[index]);
> > Sell = ...
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ozzyapeman" <zoopfree@> wrote:
> > >
> > > When you say include file, does that only encompass other AFLs? Or
> > > could it also include a generic csv file?
> > >
> > > If it is only other AFLs, which it appears to be from the online
> > > index, then won't I still have to hand set each variable to an
> > array?
> > > Or can I just make the file a range of numbers like:
> > >
> > > 65
> > > 126
> > > 867
> > > 1023
> > > etc...
> > >
> > > Also, the online index says that using include can dramatically slow
> > > down AFL, even for a single instance. Is that still the case, or is
> > > that based on earlier AmiBroker version performance?
> > >
> > > http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=%23include
> > >
> > > Thanks for any input.

**** IMPORTANT ****