[amibroker] Any Help with qpFeed?

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Any Help with qpFeed?
  • From: "Ken Close" <ken45140@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:36:52 -0500

Is there anyone who uses qpFeed, the Quotes Plus intraday data feed, who might have a suggestion or two with my problem:

I signed up for the Free Trial of qpFeed, filled out all the forms and provided a credit care number.  I got a link to the setup program, which I ran and installed the software that collects the data.  I entered the user name and password they sent me into the appropriate box and upon clicking "Verify", got a message back that the User ID and PW were verified.

I opened AB, created a new database, the qpDataFeed Plugin was in the Source drop down list, which I selected.  I chose 10000 bars, Enabled local storage, and selected 1 minute interval.  Clicking on the "Configure" button brought up the qpFeed program I referred to above. So it seemed like the connections were correct.

The database was created, and the "Plug-In" status was green and said it was connected ok.

Added a popular stock to the database, and no data.  I have a call in to the QP help desk but it may be 24 hours before they get back.  Based on my description, is there anything anyone who uses the qpFeed can suggest. I suspect the problem lies at the qp end, although it is curious that their software will verify connection to the server.  I have tried the four server choices and I have shut down AB and restarted. I clicked Flush Cache, checked the Intraday settings--all seems ok.  But no data.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

**** IMPORTANT ****